Lots of people are not aware that any video that is located on YouTube can be downloaded and played offline, it can be a lesson that we need to watch later or song that we want to access when internet is not available. Here I will cover some of the options to convert YouTube videos to mp3 or video files and transfer to any mobile device without using additional software (software that offered downloads from YouTube and is filled with adware and crap-ware).
Head to YouTube and navigate to the song you like and in address bar highlight the link, right-click and choose ‘Copy”
Next, Head to one of the websites provide below and Paste the song or video link into the converter box
Click Convert now and Wait a minute or two for the conversion to complete and then click the download link.
the list of the websites that provide such service:
- https://www.youtube2mp3.cc/ – same concept, with offer of downloading songs in mp3 format and videos in mp4, you can only convert videos up to a length of 2 hours – the limitation is necessary, so the conversion of any video will not take more than a couple of minutes. Website is well maintained and updated.
- http://anything2mp3.com/ – this website supports almost every web that offers video streaming, Soundcloud, YouTube, Bandcamp, Vimeo, Audiomack, Dailymotion, Dropbox, EveryonesMixtape, facebook, Freesound, HotNewHipHop, Hypem, MixCloud, ReverbNation, Tudou, Vevo , Vine (RIP) , Youku. Anything2MP3 is a free online SoundCloud and YouTube to MP3 conversion tool which allows you to convert and download SoundCloud and YouTube videos to MP3. All you need is a song or video URL and our software will download the SoundCloud or YouTube video to our server, convert it and then allow you to download the converted file
- http://www.clipconverter.cc/ – Clip Converter is a free online media conversion application, which allows you to record, convert and download nearly any audio or video URL to common formats. Currently supported services: YouTube (720p, 1080p, 4K), Vimeo and many more. This free and fast converter allows you to watch your favorite YouTube videos offline on your PC, TV or nearly any other device. It also supports The ClipConverter Browser Add-on which adds a button on YouTube pages to convert and download videos directly. This makes you able to use Clip Converter faster and more efficient.
- http://youtubeplaylist-mp3.com/ – if you want to download entire playlist, you can use this website. It si not quite reliable but works in almost 70% of tries.
- http://megavn.com/ – alternative to the playlist download service.
- youtube-mp3.org – is the easiest online service for converting videos to mp3. You do not need an account, the only thing you need is a YouTube URL. Quality of the song is I’d say normal – at bitrate of 128 kBit/s. downslides – videos cannot be downloaded and songs over 5 minutes’ glitch or are impossible to download. (one of the best services with Firefox and google chrome add-on, unfortunately not working)
how to copy music to iPhone without iTunes? check article about the best iTunes alternatives for mac and PC.
Also, sometimes you find that someone has a playlist on YouTube that you rely love and want to have it as well. There is an easy way to copy entire playlist, so that you don’t have to copy or add songs one by one to your playlist. So, How to Make somebodies YouTube Playlist Your Own or how you can merge one or more YouTube playlists into one for easy viewing.
Well, YouTube Copier is one of the best web apps that lets you copy YouTube Playlists of another user to your own account.
So what is the difference between Save Playlists & Copy Playlists? When you open any playlist on YouTube, you have the option to save that playlist. This is same as creating a bookmark that you can revisit later to watch that playlist again. But it is a read-only playlist and you have zero ability to add or remove songs in it. Also, with saving playlist there is a chance that it will be gone from your account once the owner deletes it or once the account will be suspended by YouTube.
Saving the playlist permanently, you should clone that playlist into your own YouTube account, as mentioned either one song by one or using this web app, which will allow to create independent copy of entire playlist, which can be modified as required.
How to Copy the Playlists?
To get started, sign-in with your YouTube account and allow the app to access your YouTube account. Now enter the YouTube playlist URL and choose the privacy of your new playlist – it can be either public (visible to all), private (only visible to you) or unlisted (visible to people who know the link).
Click the “Copy Playlist” button and a copy should be ready in your YouTube channel within a minute. It is worth mentioning that the app allows you to modify the list that will be copied. you can copy playlists of any size – it might have 14 video or 614 – the tool will copy it all.
Merging the playlist – The YouTube Copier’s second handy feature – you can input any video playlist (yours or someone’s) and merge it with an existing playlist in your YouTube account.
the website again is: https://ctrlq.org/youtube/playlists/
From me personally, if you really like the song – buy it and support the artist! I’m not going to go into depth of piracy here, to stay on the right side of the law, any content you do download from the web, which you do not own the copyright, must be for your personal use only. You must not distribute or financially benefit from that content.