1. Only about 10% of the world’s currency is physical money, the rest only exists on computers.
2. TYPEWRITER is the longest word that you can write using the letters only on one row of the keyboard of your computer.
3. Doug Engelbart invented the first computer mouse in around 1964 which was made of wood.
4. There are more than 5000 new computer viruses are released every month.
5. Around 50% of all Wikipedia vandalism is caught by a single computer program with more than 90% accuracy.
6. If there was a computer as powerful as the human brain, it would be able to do 38 thousand trillion operations per second and hold more than 3580 terabytes of memory.
7. The password for the computer controls of nuclear tipped missiles of the U.S was 00000000 for eight years.
8. Approximately 70% of virus writers are said to work under contract for organized crime syndicates.
9. HP, Microsoft and Apple have one very interesting thing in common – they were all started in a garage.
10. The house where Bill Gates lives, was designed using a Macintosh computer.
11. The first ever hard disk drive was made in 1979, and could hold only 5MB of data.
12. The first 1GB hard disk drive (the IBM 3380) was announced in 1980 which weighed about 550 pounds (about 250 kg), and had a price tag of $40,000.
13. It has been 40 years since the world’s first mobile phone call successfully took place.
14. A group of 12 engineers designed IBM PC and they were called as “The Dirty Dozen”.