Lets continue review of helpful websites, some are handy and some really crucial. So, here is the second list of the cool 15 websites that I recommend to check out:
1. coralcdn.org – if a site is down due to heavy traffic, try accessing it through coral CDN.
2. pdfescape.com – lets you can quickly edit PDFs in the browser itself.
3. myfonts.com/WhatTheFont – quickly determine the font name from an image.
4. google.com/webfonts – a good collection of open source fonts.
5. regex.info – find data hidden in your photographs.
6. livestream.com – broadcast events live over the web, including your desktop screen.
7. iwantmyname.com – helps you search domains across all TLDs.
8. homestyler.com – design from scratch or re-model your home in 3d.
9. join.me – share you screen with anyone over the web.
10. onlineocr.net – recognize text from scanned PDFs, other OCR tools are:
– Google Docs – When you upload an image file or a scanned PDF to Google Docs, check the option that says “Convert text to Google Docs format” and Google Docs will automatically perform OCR on the file before saving it to your account.
– Abbyy FineReader – FineReader Online is a web-based OCR service that can instantly convert your PDF files and images into corresponding office file formats. This is an Abbyy service and therefore the character recognition accuracy is quite good.
– OnlineOCR.net – Online OCR, as the name suggests, is a cloud based OCR service that can handle all common images formats including scanned PDFs. If you have multiple images that you would like to convert to text in one go, you can put them all in a single zip file and upload it to Online OCR.
– OCR Online – Like FreeOCR, OCR Online doesn’t require any registration and you can translate up to 100 images to text in a single day. It also supports a large number of languages.
11. wetransfer.com – for sharing really big files online.
12. hundredzeros.com – the site lets you download free Kindle books.
13. polishmywriting.com – check your writing for spelling or grammatical errors.
14. marker.to – easily highlight the important parts of a web page for sharing.
15. whichdateworks.com – planning an event? find a date that works for all.